Dr Brad Armstrong | Obstetrician Brisbane
Dr Brad Armstrong can manage antenatal care during a pregnancy, natural birth along with performing operative deliveries for various reasons including caesarean sections and instrumental deliveries and provide postnatal care.
Dr Brad Armstrong works closely with a network of colleagues (midwives, anaesthetists, paediatricians etc) who are also involved in the process.
Ultrasounds can be performed on site in the practice rooms. Images can be printed or electronic images and video can be transferred to a clean USB flash drive. Please make sure it is completely empty before bringing it in. More recently we have added facilities to send images directly to your mobile phone.
Some of the common obstetric problems dealt with include …
Medical conditions in pregnancy
- Hypertension, pre-eclampsia
- Endocrine conditions e.g thyroid, diabetes
- Heart conditions
- Neurological conditions e.g epilepsy
- Blood clotting disorders
- Autoimmune conditions
- Infectious diseases in pregnancy
- And more ….
- Counseling for obstetric anaesthesia
- For women with medical conditions prior to falling pregnant
- Investigations e.g blood tests, ultrasounds
- Counseling for high risk conditions
- Screening tests for Down’s syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities
- Screening for gestational diabetes
- Routine visits for pregnancy check-ups
- Detection of complications e.g fetal growth restriction, pre-eclampsia
- Early pregnancy complications including miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy
- Management of multiple pregnancies
- Induction of labour
- Management of natural birth and complications during labour
- Vaginal Birth after Caesarean Section
- Postnatal management
- Caesarean section
- Instrumental delivery